Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Sweating Buckets

This is how I felt today at Sanieh's Hatha Flow class. She turned up the heat, but only to 83. I was sweating profusely. I wish I had a towel to wipe off the sweat dripping down my face, almost blinding me! At times like these, I turn my head to look at my shoulder, see sweat bubbles, and then get happy. It's totally superficial, but I do get satisfaction out of seeing those sweat bubbles (or really just sweat out of my pores).

Sanieh is my yoga mentor, she also keeps a blog. In a recent post, she shared the first two verses of Hanuman Chalisa, which I found beautiful:

"We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment, but it is transient. It is a little parenthesis in eternity. If we share with caring, lightheartedness, and love, we will create abundance and joy for each other. And then this moment will have been worthwhile." -Deepak Chopra

This is what I believe too and is how I would like my dance classes to be, a time and space that encourages sharing which results in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment