Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On my way to New Zealand

Since I have about an 8-hour layover in the LA airport, I decided to write...

I am heading off to New Zealand again. This time, it's specifically for dance and for one week only. It feels like a dream... to be invited as the guest Interntional teacher for a national belly dance festival. I am still pinching myself to make sure this is really happening!

Currently, I am preparing to teach six tribal fusion style workshops and one advanced bellydance workshop to be taught in the span of three days. The topics
of these workshops range from floorwork to technique to choreography.

During the MEDANZ Festival (Middle Eastern Dance Association New Zealand), there will be other workshops presented by
local teachers and a guest drum teacher from Australia. The Kiwis really know how to have fun because not only do they have a stage show but they also have a
hafla as part of the festival. I forgot to bring my camera! I hope the camera on my phone will be sufficient.

Also coming up in the next week, I will be graduating from the 200-hour hatha yoga teacher training I started in September of 2008. The past 7 months have
been an inspirational learning process. It's a very exciting time in my life right now, full of growth, change, and the art of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment